Rules for the Marginal Way Preservation Fund
Fine Art Competition
Artists: Submit your artwork
- The competition is open to visual artists, 18 years of age and older at any stage of their careers.
- Artists are invited to submit in any of the following mediums: painting, photography, drawing, mixed media and print that has been inspired by A Love for the Ocean and painted within the last 3 years.
- Art is to be submitted to https://marginalwayfund.slideroom.com by May 15, 2020 along with the following:
- Title of the piece
- Completion date
- A brief story behind the inspiration for the piece.
- The artist’s name, address, age, email address and a $35 entrance fee
- Art that is submitted to the competition will be judged by professionals established in the art world and known nationally for their contributions.
- The 5 finalists will be notified by email on June 13, 2020.
- Cash prizes for the five finalists include; 1st-$5,000, 2nd-$3,000, 3rd-$1,000, (2 awarded 3rd), Honorable Mention-$500 and 1 People’s Choice award-$200. Artists can win both the People’s Choice and one of the top categories.
- The 5 finalists’ works will be displayed at a Gala event held at the Ogunquit Museum of American Art on June 28th, 2020 at 5:30 pm. Winning pieces should arrive at the Ogunquit Museum of Art by June 23, 2020. Winners of the 5 final prizes will be announced at the Gala.
- All 5 finalists are invited to the Gala and will also be awarded 1 night’s stay for the evening of the Gala in a 1-bedroom room for 2 at either the Anchorage by the Sea or The Beachmere lnn in Ogunquit, ME.
(Finalists not able to attend the event may use their 1-night stay in Ogunquit at another more convenient time.) (To be arranged with the Anchorage and Beachmere Inn at least 1 month in advance of reservation if other than June 28th. Restrictions may apply)
- Winning pieces should be picked up at the museum by the end of the evening, June 28th.
Those unable to attend the gala should make advance arrangements to have their piece returned to them with the organizers.
- Organizers for the competition are not responsible for damage or loss during transport or from theft, fire or deterioration of the finalist’s work while on exhibition.
Artists keep 100% rights to their work. The five finalists give the MWPF the right to reproduce copies of their online submissions on our Marginal Way Preservation Fund website in perpetuity for promotional, non-profit use only.
Questions about the contest? Please email Nan at email@example.com
Download or print the rules (pdf – opens new tab or window)